Friday, December 20, 2013

MY GRANDSON JAKE'S 3RD BIRTHDAY AT GLORIETTA, MAKATI

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! May the spirit of Christmas brings happiness, blessings and joy to every one as we celebrate the holiday season with contentment and fulfillment. I hope and wish that all your wishes have been granted for the past year for your family, career and your plans. With strong faith in God we learn to accept his will and his love for all of us.

Our family celebrated the 3rd Birthday of my grandson Jake yesterday at the Glorietta in Makati. It was a family date that we always cherished to do at Christmas time. With our busy schedules, as most of us were working, we made sure that everyone in the family must be able to attend Jakey's special day. Jake is my youngest grandson, the son of Au, my youngest child and her husband Paul. Au made a reservation to the Wee Nam Kee, a Chinese Restaurant located at the Glorietta in Makati. Though I preferred celebrating the occasion in our home, most of us agreed that the venue would be much better in a mall since it is Christmas season; and the children would love to see the decors of Christmas trees and its glittering lights with toys, Santa with reindeers; and many more displayed in many parts of the mall. We were 9 in the family. Ponchie, my eldest child and his wife Babylin and their 2 big boys, Gabe and Rafa; Agatha, my 2nd child and her beau, Voltz and my wife Edith and me.

We were supposed to meet at the restaurant at 6:30 pm for our reservation. But with the Christmas rush of many people going to the malls to shop have created big traffics everywhere. Going to Makati was impossible to reach within 30 minutes, though it is near for most us. Through our cell phones we connected to each one in the family to extend our reservation for another one hour or at 7:30 pm. With these changes, we were able to reach Glorietta just in time for our family dinner at the restaurant. We enjoyed the evening as we greeted our grandson Jake, giving him our gifts with hugs and kisses. After dinner, we strolled at the Glorietta Center for some time and we took our dessert and coffee at the Vanilla Cup Cakes Bakery at the Glorietta roundabout facing the park. Edith and I enjoyed the company of my children and my grandsons for the whole night until we went home to our respective homes. Here are my selected photos of my family yesterday. I hope you'll like it.


My daughter Au
Au & Paul
Au and her son, Jake
My wife Edith and Au
The lantern lamps at Wee Nam Kee Restaurant
Au and Paul at the Glorietta Center

Jake with cousin Rafa at the lobby of Glorietta
The lobby at Glorietta with a big beautiful Christmas tree
Paul, Jake and Au at the lobby
The big beautiful posts at the lobby of Glorietta
Edith, Rafa, Gabe, Au and Jake
Edith, Gabe, Au and Jake
Jake and Gabe at the piano 
Jake and Gabe
Gabe and Edith
The Wee Nam Kee Restaurant
The restaurant
The wall at the restaurant with many beautiful picture frames
Agatha and Volts
Paul, Gabe, Ponchie, Rafa and Agatha
Gabe and Babylin
Agatha and Volts
The food at the restaurant
My wife Edith
Ponchie, Jake, Au and Paul
Chinese vases displayed in the restaurant
The Kitchen with chickens hanging for display
Au and Paul with some gifts
My daughter Au
Rafa and Ponchie
Babylin
Jake, Agatha and Volts
My family
At the Glorietta Center
Edith
The Vanilla Cup Cakes
Gabe
At the Vanilla Cup Cakes Bakery
Jake blowing his cake at the bakery
At Vanilla CupCakes Bakery
Edith
Babylin



CupCakes





Gabe and  Jake enjoying the games on their IPad
Gabe and Jake
Volts, Agatha and Au
Au and Paul
Babylin and Ponchie
At the Glorietta Center with Christmas decors


All the photos here were taken from Canon EOS 550D with a zoom lens of 18 to 55mm. It is a 18 Megapixel camera with APSC CMOS sensor. It has a very good LCD screen with 1,040,000 dots and an aspect ratio of 3:2. Its ISO range is between 100 to 6400 and expandable to 12,400. If you have used Canon DSLRs you would really not feel any difficulty in handling and operating this camera. It handles well with different settings and easily understandable even if you're a new user. I have used a small Point and Shoot Canon Powershot S100 and it is almost the same in its settings and I really find it good and beneficial for my photography.

No comments: