Sunday, June 1, 2014

SUBIC BAY FREEPORT SUMMER 2014 TRIP I


This is the part I of my family's Subic Bay Freeport Summer 2014. I have uploaded most of my shots from our trip. I used my point and shoot Canon Powershot S100 camera here. With a small camera, I couldn't miss taking all the good angles of my family, especially my grandchildren because with my steady right hand, I could focus my shot easily. I set up the camera on JPEG, of which I have had most of my photos in RAW files before. As it turned out, all photos came beautifully just as I have expected: nice and vivid shots for a small camera with good framing through cropping from my Lightroom 4. I used the Canon EOS 500D on the other album and it is noticeable that taking pictures on small camera cannot be distracting to the children. Comparing the small Canon S100 and Canon EOS 500D is recognizable here on my photos. The EOS 500D with its bigger APSC sensor, is more detailed, soulful and sharp with brilliant colors. The Canon S100, on the other hand which is very small at 1.7"  with CMOS sensor is really magical with its compactness is a marvel. It can really take sharp images with brilliant colors too. I am not a professional photographer and there are so many issues that I still have to improve on handling a camera. DSLR are still the best since they have big sensors and better lenses. For traveling there is nothing to beat a small camera, tucked in your pocket or placed on small pouch bag. I am planning to buy a good APSC camera, a Fujifilm brand in the near future. 


Our trip to Subic was really an enjoyable one for our family as we really planned the trip. With the hottest summer that we have encountered this year, it was time to look for another place rather than the beaches of Laguna or Batangas where we used to go. Our family's last encounter with Subic was in 2005. Also, there are many places of interest to explore in Subic. First, you could shop in their Duty Free Shops or watch the flying bats coming from the cave. Foods are also popular inside the  Subic Freeport with many especialities to choose from the many different restaurants. There are many beaches in Subic bay and I left it to my children to decide where to find suitable for my family. 


Leaving Makati at 4:45 am, traffic was still nil early in the morning. As planned, we were to stop at Lakeshore, San Fernando in Pampanga, our midpoint in our trip to have our breakfast. This was the same place where we stopped by in going north. Hope you'll enjoy all my photos.


The Lakeshore Mall at San Fernando, Pampanga. It's the midpoint of our trip as we stopped by to have our breakfast at McDonald's.
At the Crown Peak Hotel at Garnet. Edith and my son, Ponchie and our grandson, Franco.
My grandson Franco
Ponchie and Rafa at the Royal Duty Free Shop

My grandson, Gabe 
My grandson Jakey joined his cousin Gabe to shop
I just love taking pictures of the colorful canned foods in the shop.





Gabe and Rafa horsing around at the hotel room.
Jakey

I took this shot of Banaba bush at a roadside at around 80 kph.



The Mt. Pinatubo
Nice and fast driving at SCTEX

The Diosdado Macapagal Intl Airport at Clark (formerly Clark Airbase of the US Air Force)
At the Lakeshore before leaving. A nice pose for Edith, Babylin, Gabe and Rafa in front of the mall.
At the McDonald's in Lakeshore
My daughter Au and her son, Jakey
My daughter Ags and his husband, Volts
Candid shots of Franco, my youngest grandson






Volts




Babylin and her son Gabe





Paul & his son Franco


No comments: